The Work Plan is designed to be a fluid, outcome-focused, on-going record of the annual workload of the VET Teacher as negotiated between the teacher and their supervisor.
The Work Plan represents the proposed assigned duties for the whole year and can be varied in consultation and agreement with the teacher at any stage throughout the year. When this occurs the Work Plan is to be re- signed and distributed to both parties.
Please ensure that you read the information provided on the front page of the Work Plan.
- 42 Weeks attendance time:A total of 1748 hours are to be accountable for the year
- 800 hours: Maximum Teaching duties
- 160 hours: Other Scheduled duties
- 400 hours: Maximum Preparation and Correction
- 388 hours: Other Non Scheduled Duties (mutually agreed)
- Attendance at your work location 30 hours per week – Teaching/Scheduled Duties; the remaining hours of work can be undertaken at a location of the teacher’s choosing.
- 4 weeks annual leave (link to Annual Leave form on front page of Work Plan).
- Administration, co-ordination and management of teaching programs is to be allocated within the 800 hours of Teaching Duties.
- Consult the list of Scheduled/Non Scheduled range of duties when allocating time to the Work Plan areas.
Your Performance Plan should reflect Agreed Non Scheduled Duties (link to Incremental Progression form at bottom of Performance Plan).
Please Note: It is expected that Work Plans will be completed no later than the end of February in the teaching year.
- VET Teacher Work Plan - 2017 (XLSX 83.4kb)
The VET Teacher Work Plan Guidelines will be implemented throughout the University via:
- inclusion on the University's online Policy Library;
- distribution of FedNews via Human Resources (01/12/2009); and
- information Sessions to be conducted by Human Resources on how to use the VET Teacher Work Plan Guidelines and VET Teacher Work Plan.