Ambassador of the University
This document outlines the procedure for the appointment of an Ambassador of the University under the Ambassador of the University Policy.
|Ambassador of the University:||Is an individual appointed by the University Council in accordance with this procedure and its associated policy, who is not a current University staff member or student or member of the University Council, who is deemed to be able to contribute in a significant way to the advancement of the University, or to the University community or its objectives, for the duration of his/her tenure.|
The principles of merit selection and equal employment opportunity as per the University’s Recruitment and Merit Selection Policy are applicable when recommending Ambassador of the University appointments.
The Vice-Chancellor will recommend to the University Council the appointment/reappointment of an Ambassador of the University.
The recommendation must consist of:
- a memorandum outlining the reason for the appointment and the contribution that the individual can make to the University, together with a brief assessment of the individual’s qualifications and experience;
- a Curriculum Vitae (including the contact details of the individual);
- a proposed period of appointment (in accordance with the Ambassadors of the University Policy); and
- whether the appointee will be supervised by the Vice-Chancellor or to the Chancellor (depending on the nature of his/her role).
The University Council will be responsible for approving the appointment of an Ambassador of the University.
Once the appointment is approved, the Vice-Chancellor or his/her nominee must forward the recommendation for appointment to Human Resources.
All appointments will be confirmed through a letter of invitation issued by Human Resources outlining the terms and conditions of appointment and must be accepted in writing by the appointee.
Appointments may be renewed for a further term in accordance with the Ambassadors of the University Policy subject to the continuing contribution of the appointee and based upon the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor.
To recommend renewal of an appointment, the Vice-Chancellor must provide a memorandum to the University Council outlining the way in which the person has contributed to the University and will continue to contribute to the University (during his/her reappointment) for approval.
The Vice-Chancellor is responsible for making recommendations to the University Council for the appointment/reappointment of an Ambassador of the University.
The University Council has the responsibility for the appointment/reappointment of an Ambassador of the University.
Human Resources has the responsibility for the preparation of necessary documentation to formalise an appointment.
The Vice-Chancellor or the Chancellor (as nominated as part of the appointment process in Recommendation for Appointment), has responsibility for overseeing the Ambassador of the University appointee for the duration of his/her tenure.
The Vice-Chancellor, or the Vice-Chancellor’s nominee, is responsible for the review and implementation of the Ambassadors of the University Policy and Ambassadors of the University Procedure.
|Title||Location||Responsible Officer||Minimum Retention Period|
|Letter of invitation and acceptance of appointment by nominee||Human Resources||Director, Human Resources||In accordance with Public Records|
The Ambassadors of the University Procedure will be implemented throughout the University via:
- an Announcement Notice under ‘FedNews' on the ‘FedUni’ website and through the University Policy - ‘Recently Approved Documents’ webpage to alert the University-wide community of the approved Procedure;
- inclusion on the University's online Policy Library; and
- notification forwarded to Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Vice-Presidents and all Heads of School and Heads of Department.