With the development of a point of contact process, the University’s aim is to consolidate all queries to the University’s regulatory bodies: Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) and the Higher Education Skills Group (HESG) to one contact point within the University.
This process will result in a streamlined practice where one area provides all contact and information in relation to the regulatory bodies.
The benefits of this process will include:
- Single point of contact within the University for all regulatory body enquiries;
- Queries that may have been submitted to a regulatory body previously by a School/Department will not be resubmitted unknowingly by another School/Department;
- Consistency in the advice provided to all staff;
- Development of a Regulatory Inquiry Register to ensure all queries are followed up; and
- Publishing of responses on the Quality Services webpage: http://federation.edu.au/staff/governance/quality/resources-and-fact-sheets, to assist other staff who may have the same or similar queries.
To ensure the University is receiving and providing consistent advice and to minimise the confusion with the interpretation of the relevant standards and regulations, the Regulatory Bodies Point of Contact Process has been developed.
- University staff to forward all queries regarding ASQA, TEQSA, VRQA and HESG regulatory matters to the Quality Services Team: email@example.com or refer to the Quality Services contact webpage.
- Quality Services will log the query onto the Regulatory Inquiry Register.
- If unable to satisfactorily respond to the query, the Quality Services Team will forward the query via the appropriate channels to the relevant regulatory body.
- Query responses received from the regulatory body will be processed by the Quality Services Team by logging the response onto the Regulatory Inquiry Register, uploading the query and response as Frequently Asked Questions located within the Quality webpages, and responding to the University staff member initiating the query.
The Regulatory Bodies Point of Contact will be communicated throughout the University via:
- An Announcement Notice under FedNews and through the University Policy - ‘Recently Approved Documents’ webpage to alert the University-wide community of the approved Policy;
- Inclusion on the University's online Policy Library; and/or
- Distribution of e-mails to Deans of School / Head of Department / University staff.
The Regulatory Bodies Point of Contact will be implemented throughout the University via:
- Information Sessions; and/or
- Training Sessions; and/or
- Other - please describe
|Title||Location||Responsible Officer||Minimum Retention Period|
RPL / RCC evidence and assessment record.
|Student File||Head of Department||2 years|
|Consultancy Agreement||Legal Office||University Solicitor||7years after contract has expired|
|Standard Enrolment Form||Student Centre||Team Leaders - Student Services SMB/Horsham||7 years after enrolment has expired|