Web Print Version: For official purposes please print the PDF version.
Honorary Doctorates (Higher Education)
Document Currently Under Review
Current Status: In Collaboration 1 December 2015
Honorary Doctorates Process of Nomination and Selection (Higher Education) Policy
Policy Code: LT1412
- Nominations of candidates for Honorary Doctorates may be made to the Secretary to Council either from Academic Board or from a member of Council.
- Nominations should be accompanied by supporting documentation indicating the grounds on which the nomination should be considered.
- Nominations shall be considered by the Council Executive which will recommend suitable candidates to Council.
- The recommendation from the Executive will be considered by Council in an "in camera" session.
- Those nominees approved by Council will be notified by the Council Secretary and the degrees will be awarded at a graduation ceremony.