Standard 1 - Marketing Information and Practices
- International Marketing Material Approval Process Procedure
- Marketing Information and Practices Procedure
- Printable PDF Version
To ensure the marketing of the University’s education and training services for on shore international students is professional, ethical, and accurate. This procedure will also ensure the University maintains the integrity and reputation of the Australian education industry.
This procedure applies to all international marketing materials whether produced by the University or its Partner Providers.
|CRICOS:||Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students.|
|ESOS:||Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000.|
|International Student:||A person holding an Australian student visa and is defined as an 'Overseas Student' in the ESOS Act|
|National Code 2018:||The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.|
|Educational institution providing programs and courses of the University through and approved Education Agreement.|
|PROGRAM:||A full-time registered program of education or training registered on CRICOS for the attainment of a testamur or certificate. Defined as Course in the ESOS Act. Also known as Course in TAFE sector.|
It covers the ESOS Requirements for Marketing Materials.
This Procedure should be followed for any marketing materials which are being prepared for international students. These materials may be in publication in print or online, within Program Finder, be part of the international course guides or any school publications.
Please note the following for ESOS requirements for Marketing Materials:
- CRICOS provider code should appear in ALL the University written and electronic publications, materials and correspondence which may be viewed by a prospective international student, or indicate that the material is not intended for use by international student. This includes but is not limited to:
- Every page of the website that is pertinent to international students.
- Prospectus and pre-application information (if in booklet form).
- Application Form.
- Business cards of key personnel e.g. marketing staff.
- Email signature blocks of key personnel e.g. marketing staff.
- Letterhead / e-mails or footer used in letters making offers to students, promoting programs or for other marketing purposes.
- Marketing tools, such as banners, PowerPoint template, flyers, etc.
- Removable section of pull out or tear away sections of promotional material.
- An advertisement for programs for international students in an Australian or foreign newspaper.
- Information about living in Australia if it is used as a tool to market to and recruit students
- Student Handbooks, Information Guides and the like.
All promotional materials for the University partner providers will carry the registered business name and CRICOS provider number of the University and if applicable the provider’s own Provider Code (if CRICOS registered) as well.
The promotional material will clearly indicate that the program is being delivered by the partner provider institute and must include details about the location and facilities of partner provider institute. If the partner provider has a number of teaching sites at which the program/s may be offered, the partner provider should provide information about all these locations.
If CRICOS registration has been applied for and has not been received, then a program must not be promoted or published until CUP as advised that CRICOS registration has been approved to relative staff on-campus and at partner teaching locations.
Where any material contains a pull out or tear away section, the removable section should also comply. Failure to do so constitutes an offence under section 107 of the ESOS Act.
The University will only promote full-time study options to international students. When a publication is aimed at both domestic and international students and part-time study options are be listed, the following should be included: Note: “International students are to complete their program within the duration specified on their CoE” or "International students will undertake full-time study while enrolled in their program.
Federation University Australia will not actively recruit a student where this clearly conflicts with its obligations under Standard 7 (Transfer between registered providers).
Federation University Australia’s CRICOS provider code is 00103D and it covers the Higher Education and TAFE Portfolios and all teaching locations in Australia where programs are offered to international students.
Marketing and Communications for Federation University Australia campuses
|Title||Location||Responsible Officer||Minimum Retention Period|
|University Publications - hardcopy||Forward to Records Management Services for archiving||Marketing Officer||Retain one copy permanently|
|University Publications - electronic||Store in corporate Records Management System||Marketing Officer||Retain one copy permanently|