Standard 1 - Marketing Information and Practices
- International Marketing Material Approval Process Procedure
- Marketing Information and Practices Procedure
- Printable PDF Version
To ensure the University marketing materials targeted at international students are produced in accordance with ESOS compliance.
This procedure applies to:
- University staff who produce marketing materials with the purpose of using them to recruit international students onshore; and
- Partner providers onshore in Australia delivering Federation University Australia courses at onshore locations.
|Associate Dean (Teaching Quality)||School representative approving academic content. May nominate another staff member to review academic content.|
|ESOS:||The Education Services for Overseas Students framework sets out the legal framework for the delivery of education to overseas students.|
|Marketing Materials||All material that promotes the University, including but not limited to: brochures, banners, advertisements, video footage, websites, Program Finder etc.|
|Partner Provider (PP):||Educational institution providing programs and courses of the University through an approved Education Agreement.|
|STEPS||WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?||COMMENTS|
|1.||Review Marketing Information and Practices Procedure||PP||Located on University policy website.|
|2.||Produce marketing material artwork.||PP|
|5.||Identify if School needs to approve program content of marketing material prior to CUP approval.||PP||
Academic program content, such as:
|6.||Forward marketing material to Associate Dean of Engagement in School for approval.||School|
Marketing materials academic content is checked and approved by School.
Academic program content, such as:
|8.||PP is advised of approval via email.||School|
|7.||Forward marketing material including School approval if applicable to Manager, International and Strategic Compliance, CUP.||PP|
|8.||Marketing material artwork is reviewed for ESOS compliance.||Manager International and Strategic Compliance, Centre for University Partnerships|
|9.||Where branding approval is required the marketing material will be forwarded to Manager, Public Relations.||Manager International and Strategic Compliance, Centre for University Partnerships|
|10.||Partner is advised of approval or required changes.||Manager International and Strategic Compliance, Centre for University Partnerships|
|11.||Where required partner sends updated marketing material to the Manager, International and Strategic Compliance, CUP for final approval.||PP|
Below is an estimated timeline on the approval process for all FedUni Marketing Material:
|Responsible||Type of Marketing Material||Est. Duration|
|CUP approval||Marketing material does not contain content requiring approval by school.||1 week|
|School & CUP approval||School to approve marketing material if it includes academic course content, such as: course outline, entry requirements, RPL, course objectives, requirements, application method, content, teaching resources, delivery methods, learning facilities, career opportunities and assessment.CUP then approves marketing material after the School has approved content.||4 weeks|
Associate Dean (Teaching Quality)
Manager, International and Strategic Compliance, CUP
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000.
- Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001.
- The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
|Title||Location||Responsible Officer||Minimum Retention Period|
|University Publications- hardcopy||Forward to Records Management Services for archiving||Manager, International and Strategic Compliance, CUP||Retain one copy permanently|
|University Publications - electronic||Store in Corporate Records Management System||Manager, International and Strategic Compliance, CUP||Retain one copy permanently|
This procedure will be implemented using the following strategies:
- An Announcement Notice under ‘Current News’ on the ‘FedNews’ website and on the ‘What’s New’ page on the ‘Policies and Procedures @ FedUni’ website to alert the University-wide community of the approved Procedure.
- Student Recruitment Manager, FedUni to email all Partner Providers to announce the new procedure and implementation date.