To provide the University and its staff with a clear internal policy and procedure aimed at resolving staff grievances.
|Grievance:||Behaviour or action of another member or members of staff, which has or is likely to have an unreasonable negative impact on the ability of a staff member to undertake their duties.|
|Freedom of speech||The freedom of staff, students, and invited visitors to the University to express lawful opinions publicly, without undue restriction.|
As part of the approach by the University to providing a fair, safe and productive work environment, consideration of grievances will be dealt with fairly, consistently, promptly and with sensitivity to all parties.
Human Resources are responsible for the provision of advice and promulgation of this Policy.
The Vice-Chancellor has overall responsibility for the implementation and review of this Policy.
- Commonwealth Fair Work Act 2009.
- Victorian Freedom of Information Act 1982.
- Victorian Ombudsman Act 1973.
- Victorian Equal Opportunity Act 1995.
- Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006.
- Equal Opportunity Act 2010
- University Collective Agreement, Academic and General Staff Employees.
- Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Multi-Business Agreement (MBA) 2009.
- the University Bullying Prevention and Management Policy and Procedure.
- the University Discriminatory and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure.
- the University Staff Grievance Procedure.
- the University Staff Code of Conduct
- the University Equal Opportunity and Valuing Diversity Policy.
- the University Fair and Transparent Decision Making Guidelines.
- Academic Freedom Policy.
- Model Code for the Protection of Freedom of Speech and Academic Freedom in Higher Education Providers (Revised June 2019 version).
The Staff Grievance Policy will be implemented throughout the University via:
- an Announcement Notice under ‘FedNews’ on the website and through the University's ‘Recently approved Documents’ webpage to alert the University-wide community of the approved Policy; and
- inclusion on the University's Policy, Procedure and Forms website; and/or
- information Sessions; and/or
- training Sessions; and/or
- documentation distribution, eg. posters, brochures.
- Sttaff Grievance Lodgement Form (DOCX 84.2kb)