Application to Enrolment
- Application to Enrolment Policy
- Higher Education Admission: Selection and Offers Procedure
- Higher Education Enrolment Procedure
- Higher Education Academic Credit Transfer Procedure
- Higher Education Academic Credit Transfer Policy
- Printable PDF Version
Document Currently Under Review
Current Status: For Uni-wide Comment 13 September 2021
- Legislative Context
- Supporting Documents
- Records Management
This procedure supports and mandates the implementation of the Federation University Australia’s Application to Enrolment Policy. It expands on the provisions outlined in the policy as they relate to Higher Education and provides guidance on the implementation and practical application of enrolment requirements.
This procedure applies to admission and enrolment of domestic students in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework, at all locations.
This procedure does not apply to students seeking to apply for higher degrees by research (refer HDR Candidate Selection Policy); nor International students (refer SS1484 International Admissions Procedure); nor VET students (refer SS1858 VET Enrolment Procedure).
- Federation University Australia Act 2010
- Higher Education Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015
- Statute 2.2 - Academic Board
- Statute 5.1 - Academic Awards and Courses
- Statute 5.2 – Entry Quotas, Admissions and Enrolment
- Regulation 5.2 – Entry Quotas, Admissions and Enrolment
- Statute 5.6 - Admission to and Granting of Academic Awards
- Regulation 5.6 – Admission to and Granting of Academic Awards
- Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (TEQSA Act)
- VTAC codes
A complete list of definitions relevant to this procedure is contained within the Application to Enrolment Policy.
|A.||Determining eligibility||Dean or delegate||
1. Students must re-enrol in courses for their existing program by Friday of Week 4 in January of the academic year to avoid a late enrolment fee.
|D.||Maintaining current enrolment||Student||
|E.||Cancelling courses, changing timetabling or changing study mode||As per Timetabling Policy||
|F.||Notifying students of changes to course offering||Student HQ||
|A.||Adding courses||Student/Student HQ/CUP||
|B||Dropping/Withdrawing from courses||Student||
|C||Obtaining a refund||Student||
|A.||Making an application for leave of absence/leave from study||Student||
|A.||Withdrawing from a program - Student Initiated||Student||
|B.||Cancelling by the University||School/Student HQ||
|A.||Enrolling in two or more programs||Program Coordinator||
|A.||Lapsing of enrolment||Student HQ||
Higher Education Guide
- Academic Board as the Approval Authority is responsible for monitoring the implementation, outcomes and scheduled review of this procedure
- University Registrar as Policy Sponsor is responsible for maintaining the content of this procedure.
The Higher Education Enrolment Procedure will be communicated throughout the University community in the form of:
- An Announcement Notice via FedNews website and on the ‘Recently Approved Documents’ page on the ‘Policies, Procedures and Forms @ the University’ website to alert the University-wide community of the approved Procedure.
The Higher Education Enrolment Procedure will be implemented throughout the University via:
- Information Sessions; and/or
- Training Sessions e.g. Local induction for Professional Staff who undertake or oversee application to enrolment related processes.
|Title||Location||Responsible Officer||Minimum Retention Period|
|Standard Enrolment Form||Student HQ||Manager Student HQ||Destroy 7 years after program completion, withdrawal or deferment|
|Student admission and enrolment (including variations/ additions)||Student HQ||Manager Student HQ||Destroy 7 years after program completion, withdrawal or deferment|
|Leave of absence||Student HQ or the University's approved records management system||Manager Student HQ||Destroy 7 years after program completion, withdrawal or deferment|